Re: SASS

Subject: Re: SASS
From: Walter Knapp <>
Date: Sun, 29 Feb 2004 12:17:31 -0500
From: "Rich Peet" <>

> Don't give up on the pressboard with electet capsules.
> My "clear channels" design worked rather well and the image was
> a "hard center". I just need caps with lower noise to make it really
> something to be found as rare.

I don't have anything against pressboard, except that a serious paper
gave only those details about the mic he was basing all his conclusions
on. The polar pattern was so different from that of normal boundary mics
I'd really like to know how he did it.

The less regular surface of pressboard might give a different character
to a properly mounted capsule compared to the smoother surface of plastic.

>From   Tue Mar  8 18:26:57 2005
Message: 8