RE: Lord Howe Island rainforest

Subject: RE: Lord Howe Island rainforest
From: "Martyn Stewart" <>
Date: Sat, 7 Feb 2004 22:36:47 -0800
What a fabulous description of the place Syd, Lord Howe island is on my top
10 lists of places to go, being a horticulturist all my life, The Kentia
palm originating from LHI was a must for me to see growing wild as do the
orchids and epiphytes of the rain forests. I remember seeing the brilliant
"life of birds" with David Attenbourgh on LHI with the sooty terns and dove=
being so inquisitive! I see if you punch in Lord Howe islands on the web,
you get a bloody golf course come up! How the hell can that happen, how do
people get their way to have a Golf course on such a place as that? Cant
they stay on the main land to hit their balls, it's people like that who
stuff this planet up and don't deserve to step foot on this world I'm
afraid. How many times do you get to go to the islands Syd? When I take my
missus back home, I will try to coax her into getting over to the islands, =
would love to record there...

I would love to hear our song thrush with an Aussie accent, tell me, do the=
finish on an "up note" like you bloody lot?

Kindest regards

Martyn

http://www.naturesound.org <http://www.naturesound.org/>

  _____=20