Re: blank DAT

Subject: Re: blank DAT
From: "klr_a4" <>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 17:59:40 -0000
Yes, my old Sony D3 would misload at the most inopportune times.
As a preventive measure against missing a once in a lifetime
recording, I would record a few minutes of signal, rewind and make
sure it would play back immediately before commencing a recording.
Then I would try to transfer the tape to another tape before ejecting
the tape.
The things we do in lieu of not being able to monitor the tape!!

Conall
SV3700
TCD-75ES
TC-D3,M1,TC-D10 Pro ll
Sonic Studio mics

--- In  "Wayne Brissette"
<> wrote:
> klr_a4  on Tuesday, January 20, 2004 stated:
>

> >regarding your blank DAT tape...it may be that the tape was not
fully
> >rewound to the beginning, so you have no absolute time written to
the
> >very beginning of the tape. If you rewind the tape to the
beginning
> >and find there is no absolute time written, and the tape counter
mode
> >is set to display absolute time, than that is the problem.
>

> The other possibility is the D8's infamous misload. There are reams
of
> posts on recording boards about this problem and it seems to be very
> common among the Sony D7 & D8 models. For the two years I used the
D8, I
> never had one, but lot of folks have, so this is another
possibility. If
<http://www.taperssection.com/

http://homepage.mac.com/wayneb/powermail.html