RE: A band of Common Starlings (Sturnus vulgaris) in the garden

Subject: RE: A band of Common Starlings (Sturnus vulgaris) in the garden
From: "Martyn Stewart" <>
Date: Fri, 26 Dec 2003 21:09:50 -0800
I agree Tony, the first cut is very sparrow like but I also feel the second
cut has a few starlings in there with them and it's not uncommon for the 2
species to roost together, I remember in Scotland and England seeing and
recording the birds together as they do here in Seattle.

Well done Doug for the ID and a nice recording to clarify this too.

Mind you, your sparrows sound like they are in an Arizona heat wave!

Martyn :-)

  _____=20