Re: magnetic vs optical storage for archiving

Subject: Re: magnetic vs optical storage for archiving
From: "oryoki2000" <>
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2003 00:12:15 -0000
Rich Peet wrote:

> ...where I am right now is in external hard drive storage. Easily
> refreshed and easily checked for quality of storage...

Agreed.

External hard discs with USB 2.0 interface are popular now, with
prices between $1.20 - $1.50 per gigabyte (bigger drives are cheaper
per gigabyte).  Performance is pretty close to the speed of an
internal drive.

The feature of magnetic media storage that's most important to me is
how quickly and easily I can back up data from internal hard disc to
external. When finished, shut down, unplug the drive and take a copy
of your irreplaceable recordings out the door with you.

--oryoki