Announced release of our herp book; free trial excerpt posted

Subject: Announced release of our herp book; free trial excerpt posted
From: Marty Michener <>
Date: Fri, 05 Dec 2003 12:48:55 -0500
Good morrow, friends:

I have gotten close enough to finishing the PDF book to which I referred
last month, so I have chosen to place a 3 megabyte excerpt - sans sounds -=

DL from my web site publishing page:

http://www.enjoybirds.com/HomePublishing/PubHome.htm

The book is entitled: "This Broken Archipelago - Cape Cod and the Islands
Amphibians and Reptiles."  Details are given on the web page.

I must say, this is the first time I have completely read through all its
nearly 200 pages of text at one sitting - you will I am sure agree that
Skip Lazell is a very entertaining and controversial writer!

The free 33 page TBASample.PDF, disallows editing or printing, and contains=

several introductory sections, all written by Skip some 28 years ago, along=

with the full species accounts, illustrations and maps for one of each: a
salamander, a frog, a turtle and a snake.

As usual, comments of all kinds will be very welcome while we are still
formatting the typesetting and layout.  The pink CD cover was designed anew=

but matches the style of Quadrangle Press' dust jacket from 1976.

Very sorry for the "commercial", Doug, please carry on; I will gladly
answer inquiries in private email.

my best regards to all,

Marty Michener
Hollis, NH    http://www.EnjoyBirds.com

What a succession of chances, or what changes of level have been brought
into play, thus to spread
these small animals throughout this broken archipelago!       CHARLES DARWI=