Re: Still about parabolic dishes

Subject: Re: Still about parabolic dishes
From: Gregory Kunkel <>
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2003 18:25:42 -0800 (PST)
Daniel  I have a web page showing how to create a parabolic dish from cardboard
strips. I learned of the method in one of the old Scientific American Amateur
Scientist
columns.http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/G_Kunkel/cardboard/cardboard.htmGreg
 Kunkel--- Daniel De Granville  wrote:> Hi Everyone, > > I am back again
quizzing you all about the "ideal"> home-made parabolic dishes. Since I'm bound
to> inventing my own  stuff, I might as well do some> experimentation. > > In
short, would it be possible for someone to> describe me in a few words what
does an "ideal" dish> look like? Do you think that something shaped like a>
salad bowl (with a curved bottom, not a flattened> surface), with a 50-cm or so
diameter, would do any> good? Something looking like half of a sphere? > >
Thanks again, > Daniel De Granville> Bonito, MS, Brazil> > [Non-text portions
of this message have been> removed]> >