Re: new mic suggestions?

Subject: Re: new mic suggestions?
From: "Wayne Brissette" <>
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2003 18:20:19 -0600
Rob Danielson  on 11/30/03 at 5:06 PM stated:

>MD powered, small, high quality for ambience.  Klaus's Em-23's,
>omni's ~14dB(A) noise, well below MD mic pre noise. I believe Doug
>can order them.
>Rob D.

First off, I want to introduce myself. This is the first time I have
posted to this list. My name is Wayne Brissette, I live in Austin, Texas
and primarily do on-location recording for bands. However, this halloween
the group I work with at my day job all played construction workers.
Needing construction sounds, I hauled my Earthworks QTC-1 omni's out to a
construction site and recorded about 20 minutes of construction sounds
that I later edited and we used at halloween. But that leads me to the
question, what do people here use to record? My recording setup while
somewhat mobile isn't something I could carry around with me for extended
periods of time (Mics, pre-amp, A/D converter, DAT recorder).

Wayne

- Napoleon Bonaparte