Re: RE: Dippers

Subject: Re: RE: Dippers
From: "Rich Peet" <>
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2003 20:40:43 -0000
Thanks all for the info given on dippers.
This is just a wonderful area where this bird is.  The streams and
rivers that drop down to Lake Superior on the north shore all seem to
have nice waterfalls.  These do kind of resemble mountain streams and
rivers.

My plan is to setup two mics each about 20 feet from the "white
washed" rocks and about 50 foot spaced. Then just try and sound trap
them with a reload every 80 mins.  That will give me good time for
back country skiing.  First good snow just started here so I am
really looking forward to going in the next couple weeks.

Rich

--- In  "M, J, & V Phinney"
<> wrote:
> From my experience, the dippers tend to sing (and sing very nicely)