Re: surround comment

Subject: Re: surround comment
From: "Greg Weddig" <>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2003 01:02:44 -0000
You may be correct about SACD production tools Rich, I am currently
set up to author DVD-Audio, no Dolby required.  Most of the commercial
DVD-A that I've seen have either Dolby Digital, DTS (compatable with
most DVD-Video players) or the MLP lossless format (only compatable
with DVD-A decks).  For what I'm doing, I'm not using any compression,
since I'm not trying to fit gobs of audio on one disc, yet.  Right now
the MLP lossless encoders are pretty expensive.=20
An inexpensive way of experimenting with surround is to check out the
Windows Media Encoder:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/howto/articles/Multichannel.a=
spx
Or from what I understand there is an mpg format for multichannel audio.

Now we just need something affordable to record more than two tacks with.

Though I'd be interested in what format Bernie uses, is it proprietary
or is it the ProLogic type surround?

--greg

--- In  "Rich Peet" <>