Re: microphone pair for soundscapes recording

Subject: Re: microphone pair for soundscapes recording
From: tony baylis <>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 18:32:39 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Gianni
I have experience with the Rode NT5 mics. I purchased
a pair at the begining of the year.  After  using them
for a couple of months I returned them to the shop I
purchased them from for a full refund.  They are
extremly sensitive to humidity, each time I tried them
in the field I could use them for between 5 and 20
mins. before they faded into noisy static rubbish.  A
shame I felt as they had a good response and a
pleasing sound.  Nice mics and good value for a studio
enviroment but unsuitable for field recordings.
  Tony Baylis