New Rode mic

Subject: New Rode mic
From: Syd Curtis <>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 17:21:41 +1000
Musiclab, my ever helpful local sound recording experts, write in their
current email newsletter:

"The Rode NT2000 is a world's first.  A large diaphragm full condenser
featuring continuously variable polar pattern, continuously variable pad an=
continuously variable high pass filter.

"These features combined with very low self-noise (<10dB) ensure ultimate
flexibility and performance in almost any recording situation."

A recommended retail price was not stated.  (And in any case the Oz dollar
continues to gain slowly on the greenback - getting close to US 70cents
now.)  However, I gather Rode prices have been very favourable for other
mics, compared to similar quality from other manufacturers.

I tend to be a mite wary of claims of superlativeness or uniqueness on a
world basis, but with Musiclab's recommendation, I reckon it must be an
outstanding instrument.  It might be of interest to someone on
naturerecodists.

This used to be, and I assume still is, the Rode contact:

I won't offer Musiclab's email address, which would not be appropriate for
anyone not in or near Brisbane, Australia, but I can supply it on request.

I'm copying this to the above Rode address so that I'll see whether it is
still current.  If perchance there has been any change, I'll track it down
and advise later.

Cheers

Syd

PS  I'd be interested in reports from anyone who checks out the mic.  Or
cares to comment (for this elderly and technically challenged individual) o=
the potential value for nature sound recording, of "a large diaphragm, ...
continuously variable polar pattern, continuously variable pad and
continuously variable high pass filter".  Walter?  Anyone?