laptop recording

Subject: laptop recording
From: "Rich Peet" <>
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2003 16:36:31 -0000
OK so you found how to set levels and that is not the problem.
Make sure Audition is set for the right audio device for input.

In the laptop world there is no standard mic connection standard.
You will have to figure out if yours is different, it could be.

My old laptop performs very well with its stock one channel in.
I do not try and compare it to consumer MD's because it is a
different animal. In some ways, uses, and sound types each performs
better than the other. With add ons you can get studio level work at
studio prices but usually with a laptop you will be setting up for a
fixed location session.  A laptop is not a field recorder but it is a
powerful recorder.  Consider it another tool in the toolbox depending
on what you are trying to capture.

Rich Peet

--- In  "Greg Winterflood"
<> wrote: