Re: Clear Channels, Cheap Stereo Mic

Subject: Re: Clear Channels, Cheap Stereo Mic
From: "Greg Winterflood" <>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 22:47:24 -0000
--- In  "Rich Peet" <>
wrote:
> Linked is the diagram as built.
> http://home.comcast.net/~richpeet/ccdiag.jpg

Thanks Rich. I reckon I can build that circuit.  Might be harder to
find the appropriate thickness Plexiglass.  I am sure I can find the
right caps in my junk box.  Did you mount the 9V battery on the
plate.  Can't tell from the photo - unless you are using a
cylindrical camera type battery.  I especially like your graphic
representation of Jill - the female Jack!!

Thanks again.

Greg

> Other notes if you used this diagram.
> 1. This is a two lead Condenser microphone element. Modification
> would be needed for three wire.
> 2. This design is a PZM design in order to give an effect of a
higher
> quality mic element.  This means that the mic diaphram each on a
> different side of the plexiglass needs to be mounted as close to
> flush with the surface as possible.  Then the reflected sound
> pressure wave is summed to the direct pressure wave giving the
effect
> of a mic element with half the noise value.  The size of the
> plexiglass determines the pitch of the sound that can be
reflected. a