Introductory Message

Subject: Introductory Message
From: "Reeflab" <>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 23:17:28 -0700
Hi to all,

I've just joined your group and will introduce myself shortly.

My name is Frank Veit, I am a German biologist that works for the past nine
years in Eilat, Israel, studying the behaviour and especially the acoustic
communication of a group of bottlenose dolphins located in a semi-natural
environment at the Red Sea. I am coordinating the work of the 'International
Laboratory for Dolphin Behaviour Research', which is a collaborative project of
the Dolphin Reef, Eilat, and the Institute of Animal Behaviour of the Free
University of Berlin.

We are mainly recording underwater sounds in analog mode using VHS recorders
and a magrec hydrophone. Analysing software is Avisoft SASLab Pro and back in
Berlin also Signal and RTS. Right now I am planning to extend my field of work
to passive acoustic surveys of marine mammals, which actually was the trigger
to join your group.

If you have any questions, you are welcome to contact me at the address below.

With best regards from the Red Sea,

Frank

Frank Veit, Ph D
International Laboratory for Dolphin Behaviour Research
c/o Dolphin Reef, Southern Beach
88000 Eilat, Israel

email:
Tel.: +972 - 8 - 6341 868