Re: Fall Calls

Subject: Re: Fall Calls
From: Walter Knapp <>
Date: Tue, 07 Oct 2003 01:50:04 -0400
Rich Peet wrote:

> does anyone care or is anyone collecting those thin incomplete fall
> calls that migratory birds make?
>
> They may be HY related or just a partial weak call of the spring.
> But they are the same from year to year and don't quite make it to
> being a true whisper call.
>
> Rich Peet

Down here it's more birds settling in for the winter. At least the early
arrivals.

I know what you mean, could be kind of tricky to get here. No nice well
defined flight paths. Certainly some different calls too. A lot sound
more like location calls keeping the flock together.

I'm busy re-roofing my house, would much rather be out recording. But I
do get to hear a lot.