MD-DR7 Value for money!

Subject: MD-DR7 Value for money!
From: "Martyn Stewart" <>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 21:31:30 -0700

I've been a bit quiet recently mainly because I've been out and about
working and also getting accustomed to a variety of new gear I had
accumulated over the summer months.
I would like to just reiterate what I said not long ago about the
excellent Sharp minidisk md-dr7-s.
What a great little machine this is in the field, I have been putting
this through its paces and every time, it has come out smelling of
roses.
The little things that lack with it are really very minimal, I still use
my Portadisk and flash card recorders but this little chap fits into
your pocket and basically you're done. It has an excellent recording
level facility and the unique (in a small MD) Trace back utility.
With the portadisk I have (can't remember rightly) a 6 second buffer,
this little beauty has 3 choices, 5  seconds, 10, seconds and 30
seconds, so often I have my machines on pause while walking about and I
hear something, Bang, hit record and you have got it!
 If you use phantom power with your mics, like I said before, you need
to use something like a Denecke (you can get from Dan Dugan Dan Dugan
Sound <http://www.dandugan.com>  ) but this little machine is highly
creditable and a must for back-up or a starter machine for the novice
alike. Check it out, for the money you can't buy anything better than
this!

Martyn
www.Naturesound.Org