Re: New member

Subject: Re: New member
From: "ladyraven_69" <>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 18:05:48 -0000
Welcome Clea,

I like to play with altering sounds, too.  My husband and I enjoy
making ambient recordings and we slow things down or speed
them up, depending on the feeling we are hoping to get.
Sometimes we have slowed down crickets to achieve a "feel"  of
a time later in the year, when it is cooler and the crickets less
lively.

I was absolutely fascinated when Doug demonstrated bird
communication by slowing it down at the NSS field workshop
this year.  A common house sparrow's chirping was loaded with
information.  I think that he has made quite a significant scientific
discovery and I am hoping that it will alter how humans view their
fellow species.  Perhaps if folks can see how other creatures
"talk" to each other, they will be more mindful of saving them and
their habitats.

My husband and I will be playing with our Yellowstone
recordings to see what they yield.

Take care,
Raven