Re: slowed down crickets/Clea

Subject: Re: slowed down crickets/Clea
From: Jeremiah Moore <>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 16:21:55 -0700
Yes - thanks for the link.

I once wrote a piece of music in which the melodies were drawn from
slowed-down recordings of a nighttime insect chorus from western
Connecticut.  The cricket recording itself is also part of the piece.

For a listen:
http://www.northstation.net/tracks.html
it's called Khiva.  Sorry, it's only a low-fi real audio version.

>I've been checking out another site that has recordings of aurora
>borealis and other meteorological phenomenon.  If anyone is
>interested I will post the link.

Please!

Meteorological phenomena may not be biological nature, but they are
nature...  Methinks it doesn't stretch the definition of the group
too far to post a link.

-jeremiah

jeremiah lyman moore | san francisco | sound+media |
http://babyjane.com/timeweb/
http://northstation.net/ organic, mechanized, organized sound