RE: Preliminary Report - Sharp MD-DR7

Subject: RE: Preliminary Report - Sharp MD-DR7
From: "Martyn Stewart" <>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2003 13:24:19 -0700
You never really want to use a built in mic for nature recording, (No,
the DR-7 hasn't anyway) Yes you can use your Sennheiser mic with the DR7
but you will need some kind of phantom power to go with it unless the
mic you will be using has it's own power source. I use a Denecke PS-1
with the appropriate cables as my power source with certain mics.
http://www.coffeysound.com/store/Denecke.html

( Just a note though, always make sure you insert the  9v battery into
the PS-1 before you connect any minidisks or dat machines as there is an
imbalance going out for a split second.) I think that Denecke are aware
of this?

You will find that the DR-7 is a great machine for nature recording.

Martyn
Naturesound.Org