RE: Problem with browser reading mp3

Subject: RE: Problem with browser reading mp3
From: "Dominique Laloux" <>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 16:59:42 +0200
Hi Jeremy,

I replied to Klas off-list, as I didn't want to prolong a discussion
off-topic. But as you seem  to have a similar problem, it might be
better to answer here -- perhaps it can be useful in other situations,
for other list members, as well.

I am not too sure of what is happening, but my browser (IE 6.0 under Win
XP Pro) reacts as expected to links on Klas web page and on mine. A
right-click on a link opens the expected menu with [Open], [Open in new
window], [Save target as...], etc.

The only thing I can think of is that, on my site, all links are calling
a javascript that opens a popup window. I do that in order to keep the
main window unchanged while listening to a mp3. Now, perhaps the popup
window is the problem : javascript could be disabled in your browser,
and/or you may have some browser add-on working to forbid opening pop-up
windows.=20=20=20

Can you check both and tell me (off-list) what versions of Windows and
of browser you are using ?

Also, to test this diagnostic, I just added a small "test" link at the
bottom on the first page (very last line - and very small !) that is a
simple link to the first mp3 file. Try to open it... If it works, we'll
know the problem is with the opening of the pop-up window.

Best regards,

Dominique