Re: HHB Portadisc

Subject: Re: HHB Portadisc
From: Marty Michener <>
Date: Thu, 04 Sep 2003 21:44:37 -0400
At 05:16 PM 9/4/2003 -0400, you wrote:
>They are not cheap. I'm still examining what they can do. I only bought
>two. I usually have plenty of time and generally charge the Portadisc's
>batteries in the Portadisc and use the chargers to charge headlamp
>batteries and so on.
>
>I just checked the place where I got mine. Now claiming 100 minutes
>instead of their earlier emphasis on a hour. Probably more accurate for
>high cap batteries. Here's the link:
>http://www.thomas-distributing.com/mhc401fs.htm

TWO hours would be a nice contrast to twelve.

>As I noted, there are bound to be other brands. Though the pulse stuff
>is pretty new.
>
>I stuck a couple GP 1800 mAh batteries on the discharge cycle on the
>other chargers. When it indicates fully discharged I'll try and remember
>to time fast charging in the pulse charger for you. I don't use the fast
>charge all that much. Still runs against my previous battery experience,
>but is probably perfectly ok. Theory sounds real good.
>
>Walt

Yeah, fiftyone bucks for one charger is morn I usually pay, and, again,
thanks! I'm glad you cited your source, much less dinero -

I used to make ALL my own chargers, then things got more complex, no
published specs, so you're not really sure what you're building for or need=

. . .   constant current until V >=3D X ? ? ?

I didn't say the old Fuji's were unreliable, just relatively low voltage at=

full charge, so low readings on the HHb percent meter.

Again, if HHb would just say WHAT voltages, timing, and or currents it
needs not to "call it quits" . . .it is like automobile or TV repair
nowadays - you used to be able to figure it out and DO it.  Now the specs
are hidden so success is preserved for the licensed few . . .

Can anyone say why Li ion are so complicated to charge?  I mean it is a
battery for gosh sake!    I didn't think so. . .

RE: The Travelling Bernie: I bought his Wild Notes book with CD, from
Amazon.  Really nice, I am enjoying it.
Soundscapes on order.

my best regards,

Marty Michener
MIST Software Associates PO Box 269, Hollis, NH 03049

EnjoyBirds.com  - Software that migrates with you.    http://www.EnjoyBirds=
.com