Re: Off-topic posts

Subject: Re: Off-topic posts
From: Walter Knapp <>
Date: Tue, 02 Sep 2003 23:29:34 -0400
Doug Von Gausig wrote:

> Some us, like your loyal moderator, also belong to groups such as BirdCha=
t,
> Ornith-L, NEOORN-L, etc., etc., where these topics are legitimately and
> completely discussed. Some of us, like your faithful moderator, must read=

> every post to the group, relevant or not, and cannot afford the luxury of=

> simply deleting off-topic posts. I am generally very tolerant of O-T post=
s,
> but this one looked like it had "legs" to me. I like Martyn's idea - I've=

> joined up. As this group's moderator, I say let's return, gentle reader, =
> nature recording.

It's well for everyone to realize that there are other groups that are
often more appropriate than this one. That even includes outdoor
recording itself, with groups like "phonography" having quite a
different slant on the subject. Or the rec.audio.pro group for those who
wish to dig into technical details and lab testing.