Angst in getting started

Subject: Angst in getting started
From: "jacana5" <>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 01:26:54 -0000
...years ago, I bought a Marantz PMD221, locally, with a ATR55
telemike.  (Easily) frustrated with the little plug for the mike
jiggling while recording birds and ruining the recording, I
discovered I could have bought a 3-prong attachment, had I known.  So
I get another Marantz from Ithaca, a PMD222, with an AT815a mic.=20
Though I never got directions with the mic, (should I need it?), I
tried and tried and could never figure out why it wasn't working as
well as the ATR55 (when it was firmly connected).  I gave up.  But I
don't want to stop trying.  I took it to a local audio place who said
the mic was working.  I take it home.  It seems like the recording is
coming into the tape player rather than the mic, it just doesn't pick
up the bird across-the-way.  I don't know.  I need directions, simple
ones, step by step.  Thanks.