nature recordist reported missing

Subject: nature recordist reported missing
From: Dan Dugan <>
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2003 13:23:54 -0700
Fred Claassen attended the Nature Sounds Society Tech Talk in May,
and bought a Sharp MD recorder from me. (Spelling of his name in our
registration was incorrect.)

-Dan Dugan

***

www.sfgate.com 3/8/03

LIVERMORE
Backpacker missing in Yosemite park
Chronicle Staff, News Services
Friday, August 8, 2003
=A92003 San Francisco Chronicle | Feedback

Authorities in Mono County and Yosemite National Park are asking the
public for assistance in locating a missing backpacker from the Bay
Area.

Fred Claassen, 46, of Livermore, began a four-day solo backpacking
trip July 31 from Twin Lakes, park officials said Thursday. He was
reported missing Monday. His car was located at the Twin Lakes
trailhead.

=A92003 San Francisco Chronicle | Feedback

  Page A - 18