Re: alytes

Subject: Re: alytes
From: Klas Strandberg <>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 12:51:49 +0200
Thanks all of you who try to help!

No, yannick, that was not what I thought! Please! But it was what I feared,
perhaps! I'm happy I was wrong.

Sometimes bad ways of handling things develop in a sad way, even if the
people involved are perfectly sane and human. I feared, perhaps, that a new
way of thinking had developed on the web (for some, to me, unknown reason)
and that it had become a "fashion" to make files impossible (or at least
difficult) to download.

When I double-click on your file, Explorer starts and a sign comes up sayin=
"process cancelled". Then Real Player starts. At the bottom of Explorer say=
"jawa script".
I can't find any way to "save target" as usual.
If I deactivate Real Player, I see an empty web-browser.

How should I do it?
-------

No, you are right, I dare say that - with a little help from my friends I'm
not stupid on analog things. I'm old enough to have learned a few things (i=
I may say so...)

But, apart from using my computer for book-keeping, e-mail, letter writing
and picture editing, I have just started taking sound files and digital
editing seriously. Until recently, my son handled the Telinga-site. For a
while I was amazed by Front Page Express and found some joy in sending
pictures and sounds to my site, but I quickly lost interest. I don't seem t=
have the "natural fascination" for digital ways. It's fun for a while, not
more. Therefore, I have a hard time following all changes and new ways.

As I live in the countryside, in a village with only seven households, I'm
stuck in using a modem. That doesn't help.

Thanks,

Klas.