Fixing the MP3 Player Selection Difficulty (I hope!)

Subject: Fixing the MP3 Player Selection Difficulty (I hope!)
From: "Bill Mueller" <>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 01:32:27 -0000
I hope that I can help with this pesky problem.  I unfortunately
spend all my working days dealing with computer nasties like this.=20
(I have been a computer consultant by trade over the last 43 years).
I am happy to help the members of this forum, if I can.

My experience is with Windows applications, so there are others that
will be better qualified if you are using a Mac.

The simple answer (assuming that you are using Windows) is to go to
your Windows Explorer (NOT Internet Explorer). Navigate down
from "Tools" and "Folder Options" and "File Types" to select the MP3
file type and change the default application that it is associated
with.

If you are using Netscape instead of Windows Internet Explorer, then
the instructions are different, but no more complicated.

The longer, and very detailed version of this explaination I have
posted on my website at:
    http://www.experimotion.com/sounds/mp3.html

If you have any difficulties, or this doesn't fix your problem in
MP3 or WAV file association, please email me directly if you would
like, or post a reply to this message.  I will do the best that I
can to help you.

Bill