Leapfrog & Everlasting recordings?

Subject: Leapfrog & Everlasting recordings?
From: Wild Sanctuary <>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 06:46:45 -0700
The question for archivists, as well, Klas. Looks like we'll just
have to play leap-frog, transfering from medium to (new) medium every
50 years or so. We still have wire recorders hanging around (1899)
and certainly have wax cylinder recorders, 78rpm, and 45rpm playback
units, Stellavox, Uher recorders, and an old Webcor along with the
old Nagra S/Ns ( just had one in my hand a few weeks ago), as well.
My guess is that the old standard CDs (44.1/16bit) will be few in
number but still accessible in some preseravtionist quarters. Problem
is: will the CD media last that long?

Bernie