Re: Lake Wobegone

Subject: Re: Lake Wobegone
From: "Rich Peet" <>
Date: Sun, 06 Jul 2003 20:00:11 -0000
ubetcha sure ya know.
Garrison Keillor is one of the best story tellers of all time.

You may like his books as well as he is not restricted to the G
rating in print.

For status see:
http://www.prairiehome.org/content/about.shtml

Not much of Minnesota Public Radio seems to come out of MN anymore.=20
I hope that with time MPR comes home as they are starting to get an
accent, or have lost one depending how you look at it.  I would sure
like to show them the sounds of MN that they can no longer hear.

Rich Peet

--- In  Syd Curtis <> wrote:

> Hi Rich,
>
>             This is way off topic, but you seem have been listening
> Minnesota radio, and you just might know ...
>
> Years ago now, and for a number of years, here in Australia our
national
> broadcaster, the ABC, relayed a delightful radio program by one
Gerrison
> Keilor (may be misspelled) concerning the doings of the mythical
community
> of Lake Wobegone (also possibly misspelled).  One of the most
enjoyable
> radio programs I've ever listened to.
>
> At this late date my recollection is that it emanated from
Minnesota.  I

http://savvy.mpr.org/show/rundowns/2003/20030704/rd20030704.shtml#soun