Re: Panasonic 3900

Subject: Re: Panasonic 3900
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 13:07:37 EDT
The 3900 has an optional remote control, which does provide a shuttle wheel=
.=20
But although the remote has a numerical pad, it doesn't allow you to punch =
in
a location to search to.  Panasonic implied that capability when they
released the machine, but never followed through.

I don't think you can display date and time info from the portable's
recordings on the Panasonic 3900.  At least I've never succeeded in doing t=
hat.  The
DAT spec left room for different manufacturers to make different use of sub=
code
data packets, and that's one of the incompatible uses.