Need help on id - possible Nashville Warbler

Subject: Need help on id - possible Nashville Warbler
From: "Barb Beck" <>
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2003 19:28:50 -0600
Hi,

I picked up a possible Nashville Warbler on a BBS route the other day.  The
bird is only very rarely found in the province and I am not really familiar
with the vocalizations other than those on some CD=92s I have.  Have caught
the thing in nets while banding but never heard it sing here. We were in th=
middle of a BBS route and were unable to take enough time off to  get a
visual on the critter. Habitat could have been either Nashville or
Tennessee. I have posted a short clip on the group web page:

Go to Files then to the folder Member Files and it is the clip called
possible Nashville Warbler.

If this is a Nashville is anybody familiar enough to tell if it is the
eastern or western bird.

I am a little concerned about how the first part of the song sounds  more
like an illiterate Tennessee who could not read music than that on some of
the commercial recordings I have.  Tennessee Warblers are quite common in
the area.

Barb Beck
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada