Re: Backyard Recordings

Subject: Re: Backyard Recordings
From: Doug Von Gausig <>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 08:32:21 -0700
At 07:31 PM 6/10/2003, Martyn Stewart wrote:
>Thought I would throw mine into the fire!! This is recorded in May 2003
>about 7:00am on a Sunday morning and yet someone wanted to get up and
>mow his lawn!!!
>Species include (at the end, the calls of an Otter) Red-Winged
>Blackbirds, Cedar Waxwings, American Robin, Marsh Wrens, Willow
>Flycatcher, Olive-Sided Flycatcher (faint) American Crow.
>Recorded on my Beloved Telinga Twin Science and a Portadisk.

I've posted that one on the web site, too - at
http://www.naturesongs.com/recordists/nrfiles.html. I took the liberty of
resampling it to 22,050, then reconverting it to MP3, so it's now 830K.

I especially enjoyed Martyn's recording because it is so similar to my yard=

- many of same species that hang out around my place. The Olive-sided
Flycatcher makes me think you're at a much higher elevation, though - where=

was this recorded, Martyn?

Doug
Doug Von Gausig
Clarkdale, Arizona, USA