RE: Helicopters???

Subject: RE: Helicopters???
From: Klas Strandberg <>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 17:19:04 +0200
People have mailed me privatelly to ask about "My Garden"

First the birds:

The main singer is a Sylvia borin. They are common in gardens and sing all =
day.
The one singing almost the same, still different, is a Sylvia communis. The=
are also common, also singing all day.
The cu-cu is a Cuculus canorus. I have some two or three around here.

In the background is a distant Emberiza citrinella,
tsi,tsi,tsi,tsi,tsi,tsi,tsuuuu probably over 100 meters away.

It was recorded with a Telinga MPS1, "Multi Purpose Stereo" microphone,
which is a dual, double membrane capsules. You can us it is 6 positions, M/=
with an omni, M/S with a sub-cardioid, M/S with a cardiod, common XY with
two cardioids, Blumline with 2 sub-eights and finally Blumline with two eig=
hts.
The noise level is about the same as Sennheiser MKH series, but the
frequency response is better.

This recording was made with the mic in Blumline position. This position ca=
be used when you want a maximum ambience, still directivity (to cancel
distant traffic noise) and there are no reflecting surfaces around, like
house walls or cliffs.

The borin is about 15 meters away, the communis some 30-40 meters away and
the cucu probably more than 3-400 meters away.

Klas.
=20=20=20
Telinga Microphones, Botarbo,
S-748 96 Tobo, Sweden.