Re: How to make a nice parabolic recording.

Subject: Re: How to make a nice parabolic recording.
From: "evertveldhuis" <>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 22:52:27 -0000
Hi Klas,

OK I understand. And I am relieved to hear their is indeed a learning
curve. You were right about the listening level ; I had the volume
pretty high.

I just returned from my night in the woods. It was a foggy night,
full moon and about midnight. There was no animal to be heard :(
Does the fog shut them up, or was it the time of night (about one
hour after darkness began)?

The last couple of days I have been out there at about 4 till 6 in
the morning. When I came it was really dark, but a few hours later it
was very bright.
I also went about 10 in the evening, it was about to get dark. In
both occasions there were plenty birds 'singing their tunes'...

I guess I need to read some stuff about animal behaviour...

Regards, Evert

--- In  Klas Strandberg