Re: Cool MiniDisc Accessory- Xitel MD-Port I-O

Subject: Re: Cool MiniDisc Accessory- Xitel MD-Port I-O
From: "evertveldhuis" <>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 14:17:09 -0000
It is ONLY a convertor; from MD analog(!) out to PC USB in.
Personally I think getting yourself an MD deck like a Kenwood DMF
3020 will get you much more (costs about 200 dollars) it has great
ADC and DAC's and it has both coaxial and optical digital inputs and
output (SPDIF) so that are all the ins and outs you need. Plus you
can play your MD's on your home stereo :)
Only 'con' : your soundcard must have a digital input (SPDIF).

The Xitel - MD-Port I/O is so cheap that I seriously doubt its ADC
and DAC quality... And uploads are accomplished by re-digitizing the
analog signal from your minidisc portable's headphone jack. Yeah,
that will be great quality...
So how good is it then? You still have to use the low-quality analog
out of your MD, seems like it only bypasses the ADC of your soundcard.

Regards, Evert

--- In  "Bruce" <>