Re: Kenwood deck in the U.S. and mic stands

Subject: Re: Kenwood deck in the U.S. and mic stands
From: "Bill Mueller" <>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 14:19:23 -0000
Brian,

In my effort to build a portable stereo mount for my pair of vintage
EV 666 mics, I purchased an expensive bracket similar to the Atlas
TM-1E. I used a couple of AT8415 shock mounts to hold the mics. I
found a power tool handle to use as a handgrip.  The hollow grip
allows me to slip this setup over a standard mic tripod when I need
a stationary mount. You can listen to a clip that I recorded using
this setup at:

http://www.wcmsolutions.com/products/thestorm/index2.html

A source for stereo mic brackets is:
http://www.micsupply.com/standaccessories.htm
(no endorsement intended)

I will have some photos available soon, after I finish the furry
wind socks that I am sewing for the rig.

Hope that this helps.

Bill

--- In  Brian McWilliams