Re: Rec's for cheap audio conversion software for Win98?

Subject: Re: Rec's for cheap audio conversion software for Win98?
From: Charles Bragg <>
Date: Tue, 01 Apr 2003 15:08:02 -0800
At 09:20 PM 4/1/2003 +0000, gernothuber2 wrote:

>I need to convert the sound files from .wav to CD audio to
>put them on an audio CD. I downloaded a shareware tool to do this,
>but haven't been able to get it to work (after fixing 3 separate
>problems and running into a fourth, I gave up for the time being). As
>I am not at home right now, I can't check which program I downloaded,
>but I thought I'd ask the wise list members for recommendations for
>cheap programs that work under Win98 (Pentium III 450MHz, 384MB RAM).

        ??? Most CD writers come with free software, such as Adaptec EZ CD
Creator. If you don't have it, borrow it from a friend. In fact, I would bet
that Adaptec wouldn't mind if you copied a friend's program for your use - they
give it away to persuade you to buy a 'better' version from them.
        I have never heard of anyone having a problem using this software.

        -- Chuck

========
Chuck Bragg, Pacific Palisades, CA
Membership Chair