Re: battery sled

Subject: Re: battery sled
From: "Jeffrey D. Daub" <>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 11:55:50 -0700
I think one can still buy the DCP-80 through Sony.

I have used it to adapt from a video belt pack and from homemade battery
packs ranging from 12-16 volts, giving me 6-12 hours of battery life
depending on the type of batteries used.

Jeff

Jeremiah Moore wrote:

>  >Jeremiah,
>  >
>  >Were you using a voltage regulator in line? SOunds like you may not be
>  >using it any longer but for future reference...
>
> Not at all.  This was a very simple rig put together by a friend of
> mine James Reeve (who was the owner of the deck too)
>
> Thanks for the good info - I'll pass it on to him too.  I take it
> this battery pack is no longer made.
>
> -jeremiah
>

>  >The DCP-80, the exact dimensions of the nicads for the TCD-D10 is
>  >labeled as a CD Pack/ battery charger but will accept a voltage source
>  >of 12-24 volts and deliver the correct voltage and amperage to the
>  >TCD-D10 Pro Mark I and II. You just have to make sure the adapter you
>  >use to go into the DCP-80 is using SOny's correct polarity scheme which
>  >is indicated on the unit.
>  >
>  >With this voltage regulator, there should not be glitches except for
>  >perhaps the last second when the machine shuts down.
>  >
>  >I have tried using a dissected nicad for an adapter years ago and have
>  >found that option to be best in the garbage.
> --
> jeremiah lyman moore | san francisco | sound+media |
> http://babyjane.com/timeweb/
> http://northstation.net/ organic, mechanized, organized sound
>
> Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
> <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=3D232617.3212172.4524785.2595810/D=3Degroupweb/S=
=3D1705083663:HM/A=3D1555962/R=3D0/*http://shop.store.yahoo.com/cgi-bin/cli=
nk?1800flowers2+shopping:dmad/M=3D232617.3212172.4524785.2595810/D=3Degroup=
web/S=3D1705083663:HM/A=3D1555962/R=3D1/1051641454+http://us.rmi.yahoo.com/=
rmi/http://www.1800flowers.com/rmi-framed-url/http://www.1800flowers.com/cg=
i-bin/flowers/product.pl/MD01e84aF3GROUPSHMYH/1202>