Re: chigger bites and nail polish

Subject: Re: chigger bites and nail polish
From: "Jeffrey D. Daub" <>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 11:36:24 -0700
I have heard that sprinkling sulfur powder on your shoes and socks helps
keep the chiggers off. They tend to like grassy areas such as at the
edge of forest on the coastline and cow pastures in particular in the
tropics...

Jeff

Robair, Gino wrote:
> Chuck wrote:
> <<BTW - nothing kills chiggers but tactical nuclear weapons, so keep
> your trousers tucked in to your socks and don't sit down......>>
>
> A friend of mine from Chattanooga suggests putting clear nail polish
> over a chigger if you get one. Apparantly it suffocates them. Haven't
> had a chance to try this yet, thank goodness...
>
> ginorobair
>
> Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
> <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=3D232617.3212172.4524785.2595810/D=3Degroupweb/S=
=3D1705083663:HM/A=3D1555962/R=3D0/*http://shop.store.yahoo.com/cgi-bin/cli=
nk?1800flowers2+shopping:dmad/M=3D232617.3212172.4524785.2595810/D=3Degroup=
web/S=3D1705083663:HM/A=3D1555962/R=3D1/1051638438+http://us.rmi.yahoo.com/=
rmi/http://www.1800flowers.com/rmi-framed-url/http://www.1800flowers.com/cg=
i-bin/flowers/product.pl/MD01e84aF3GROUPSHMYH/1202>