Re: some respect for ATRAC (sample rate changing)

Subject: Re: some respect for ATRAC (sample rate changing)
From: "evertveldhuis" <>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 19:25:59 -0000
Hi Raimund,

I am not sure if it is all ATRAC, I do think the SoundBlaster Live I
have isn't that great a soundcard. Because when I am transferring
from my MD deck to my SPDIF input, I have to put the inputlevel to 59
%
In other words, the data is changed in real time ; the volume level
is reduced with 41 %

Not a bit-to-bit transfer... Stupid Soundblaster Live :(

A question from me, can you indicate roughly at which frequencys the
ATRAC is 'lost' in following the original? Are we talking above 15
kHz for instance (i.e. not audible by my ears) or are we talking
above 10 kHz or something like that?

Regards, Evert

--- In  "Raimund Specht"