Re: 24/96

Subject: Re: 24/96
From: John Campbell <>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 18:00:38 +1000
The only currently available product that I'm aware of that comes
remotely close to your requirements is the Alesis Masterlink CD
recorder.  Still probably double your intended budget though.  It
does however meet your requirements in that it does not use lossy
compression.

The only other thought is that you might find a used Tascam 24-bit
RDAT machine - only 48kHz though.

Can you delay your project for a few months, saving some pennies in
the meantime perhaps?  Then see the reply from Oryoki re Sound
Devices 722.

What microphone/s do you have?

Finally, to branch into another topic, one person's "ugly" might have
appeal for others, so I'm wondering what less subjective terminolgy
might be apt?

John