Re: From the sublime (lyrebird) to the . . .

Subject: Re: From the sublime (lyrebird) to the . . .
From: "Rich Peet" <>
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2003 16:46:59 -0000
Well done Marty,
Not to be without a low noise submission, attached is a very small
download (<50kb).

This is the best I have been able to do with a consumer MD.

So that I am honest as to how I achieved this particular cut let me
explain.
Recorded with the owl on center outdoors at 6 feet just after a snow
storm. 2 me62's within the Foam Blockhead barrier in stereo onto a
Sony MZ-R90 Minidisc. The stereo was summed in post production to a
mono track which dropped the noise an additional 2 db. Bandwidth was
reduced to a cutoff above 4,000 cycles because the owl didn't care.

Listen at http://home.attbi.com/~richpeet/0686.mp3

So the echo is still there. Does that mean I didn't cheat?
PS I would not trust Windows Media Player with this sample, better
listened to with a good audio program.
Rich Peet

--- In  Marty Michener <>
wrote:
> Hello:
>
> >After listening to Martyn's great Lyrebird, I somehow thought it
fitting
> >you might want to hear a quiet recording at 3500 ft. near Koke'e
on Kauai,
> >Hawaii, of the jungle fowl wild population reported to be
surviving from
> >the days of the Polynesians, who brought the creatures from Asia.=20
The

http://www.EnjoyBirds.com