Re: Handling travel luggage and recording equipment?

Subject: Re: Handling travel luggage and recording equipment?
From: "Cara Wade" <>
Date: Thu, 03 Apr 2003 07:14:24 -0000
Hi Marty--

This is not just a rumour.  This happened several years ago, when BBC
was shooting Attenborough's superb "Life of Birds".  An entire field
expedition's worth of footage (think it was from Asia, maybe India)
was lost on their return to the UK, when their lead bags weren't
protection enough from the newly-installed, higher-powered X-ray
machines.

A lesson for us little people: BBC never received any compensation
for this enormous loss.  And if an organisation like the BBC can't
wrangle compensation...well, you get the picture.

Cheers,
Cara

--- In  Marty Michener <>