foggy weather, better acoustics, more life?

Subject: foggy weather, better acoustics, more life?
From: Nick Gordon <>
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2003 10:04:59 +0100
Hi,

It's been a few weeks but suddenly we have a cloudy start of the day, a
bit foggy, but not as if its going to rain. I feel like it's much more
silent the motorway a mile away can hardly be heard. My conclusion is
that the fog is absorbing a lot of surrounding sound. That's one.
I also notice birds can be heard better, and.... for a longer period of
time. This may very well be imagination. But this is point two.
Then I wondered, Let the two points be curves with an optimum. What
would be the best weather to make soundrecording.
Does the weather influence animalbehavior. - no doubt, but I'm not an
expert, - and so is there something to say about optimal weather
conditions to make nature soundrecordings.

Nick