Re: heaphone vs headphone/line

Subject: Re: heaphone vs headphone/line
From: Tanya Nu <>
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2003 17:26:53 -0400
Hi all- this is a very basic minidisc question that I cant seem to find the
answer to, and I feel I should already know it anyway. But that is:

Can a headphone output always serve as a line output? I feel like the answe=
is a resounding maybe.

Im poring over the very informative minidisc.org specs for all Sony models.
I encounter either: headphone out, headphone/line out OR line out separate
from headphone out.

This relates to my earlier message regarding "No Output" which is how
Crutchfield describes a unit with only a headphone output. And I feel like
it would be more ideal to have either a dedicated line out or a
headphone/line out, if in fact there is a difference between headphone/line
out and plain old headphone out.

Anyone?

Thanks!
-T