Re: Re: Computer Editing

Subject: Re: Re: Computer Editing
From: Walter Knapp <>
Date: Tue, 04 Mar 2003 01:25:22 -0500
Martyn Stewart  wrote:
> Thanks for the info Walt, i would be interested in what others use
> too for editing and filtering, I do have a couple of fairly good
> mics i use in the field, Telinga "science" a K6/ME66 and an AT4071A,
> Would the Sound Device be a good addition to these?

It's going to depend on the quality of your recorder. And can be hard to
predict.

Telinga's are hot mics and don't need much help in the gain department.

The ME66 has a 10dBA self noise, low enough that you might see some
extra gain and therefore reach if your recorder is not equipped with
pretty low noise pres.

Don't know on the AT

My feeling is the MP2 is something you get if you have a clear cut
problem that it will solve. It's not cheap. The same sort of money could
get you a pretty good mic.