Re: Head phones--need to buy

Subject: Re: Head phones--need to buy
From: "evertveldhuis <>" <>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 13:21:38 -0000
--- In  "acontrol2002
<>" <> wrote:
> Looking for suggestions as to what to look for in head phones, and
> recommed brands.
>
> Richard

Hi Richard,

How are you gonna use them? Indoors, outdoors, or both?
You want them small or should the sound quality be the best?

I do not believe there is one pair that will meet all above demands,
so maybe you should get a few pairs?

I use a Sennheiser HD25SP for outdoors because it has a high output,
it is weatherproof and it is a closed type.
My other Sennheisers are the HD580 because this one really let you
hear what is in the recording; it is very natural, uncoloured and
performs well during loud and soft passages, it is a open type so not
to be used closed to microphones.
I also got some HD414 and HD410, but these are 'do not handle with
care' headphones / spares, they are my previously most used ones.

For on the road I use small earbuds from Sony, the ones that came
with my MZR55 because they are small, very small.

Yep, I am a huge Sennheiser lover.
If you want some more info and prices about headphones, check out
this site : http://www.headphone.com/

http://www.headphone.com/layout.php?topicID=3&subTopicID=26
(Note however these are mainly for music listeners and for the
indoors.)

Regards, Evert