RE: Portadisc source in USA?

Subject: RE: Portadisc source in USA?
From: "Laloux, Dominique" <>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 19:20:20 +0100
Good choice !
Can't help you with a source in the US, but I would go for the reporter's
kit.

My Portadisc is always in its protective case when not in use and when I
carry it in the car...
I consider the extra cost of the case as part of the "insurance" cover.
Of course, there must be alternatives around, and if you have time to search
for one, you might find a cheaper one.
If you don't use the microphone, you can probably find someone to buy it
from you.
In fact, I just ordered a second reporter's kit ; the difference in price
with the bare Portadisc was 175 euros.
I bought it from the UK : http://www.tsproaudio.co.uk

DL