Re: DAT to new iMac

Subject: Re: DAT to new iMac
From: Dan Dugan <>
Date: Sun, 9 Feb 2003 10:54:02 -0800
Walt wrote,

>I prefer not to call the process downloading. It's no different than
>transferring from analog tape. You play the sound on the DAT while
>recording it in the iMac. At realtime (1X). It's just another form of
>sound recording.

It is different in that there is no generation loss; DAT to
workstation software transfer done digitally should be bit-perfect.

If I was going to call it a load, I'd say it's an upload, from a
peripheral to a host. But I'd prefer to call it a transfer. A data
file is being transferred from one storage medium to another.
Different formats, same data.

-Dan Dugan

>From   Tue Mar  8 18:23:18 2005
Message: 16