Re: Trains

Subject: Re: Trains
From: "Rich Peet <>" <>
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 01:26:38 -0000
Thank you, I would have used the block-head stereo mic in this
application but I was there to record the high pitched bugs at the
time and not the train.  I used a stock crown sass on this recording
and yes it is a consumer level MD for the recorder with mp3 set to
clip the very loud high frequencies.  The loss of the highs even
though higher volume are not noticed from the original.

I currently have 5 stereo mics to pick from and none are MS which I
won't get into now.  I am still not happy and am working on a couple
other designs.  I also am working on how to present your form of
ambience work which is still better than I have been able to master.
I think I need an editing class from you.

Rich Peet

--- In  Vicki Powys <>